Love, reuse, recycle"
Here at Wander and About we believe in doing fashion the most sustainable way there is: through vintage and second-hand clothing.
We take pride in being part of a circular economy where we are able to minimise our water and energy consumptions altogether.
We aim at challenging disposable fashion by highlighting the attractiveness of vintage through modern styling.
Our goal is to connect with women who love fashion and want to feel good about it. Women who, one thrifted garment at a time, are changing the game and putting a stop to trend driven fast-fashion and its consequences; overproduction, environmental pollution, social inequalities…
We're all in this together.
Furthermore, at Wander and About, our commitment applies in all aspects of our daily operations.
R E S P O N S I B L E S O U R C I N G
- we choose each and every one item available online. These are items we love, knowing you will like them too; we are connected
- no buying in bulk as to avoid surprises (e.g., garments that don't match the style of our Wander and About gals)
- we source locally or when travelling
- we may source online but we try to avoid as much as possible that option as transportation is responsible for high carbon emissions, especially planes
- we compensate our carbon footprint, generated to ship orders, by donating 2% of our monthly profit to environmental projects. Selected organizations will be announced on our Instagram page.
- we may sell vintage items with synthetic or natural fibers (cotton, wool, leather...). Both have their pros and cons in regards of environmental or ethical stance.
When washing apparel with synthetic fibers we couldn't encourage you enough to use a filter as to avoid microfiber dispersion in the water.
S U S T A I N A B L E P A C K A G I N G
- we use recyclable cardboard boxes and biodegradable envelopes to ship your orders
- we wrap your vintage finds in recycled silk paper
- we use fully recyclable and biodegradable jute cord in order to secure your parcel during shipment
- our "thank you" cards are also made with 100% recycled materials.
We try to avoid plastic as much as we can; whether we are sourcing new items or operating the shop.
This translates by bringing in reusable containers for water, meal prep, buying in bulk, veggie and sometimes vegan dishes, using reusable shopping bags...
P H O T O S A N D M O D E L S
-we never retouch the body of our models. We only edit from an overall exposure and texture perspective
- we value diversity and hope to work with more models of different ethnicities, sizes and shapes in a near future.